Laboratory Medicine Careers at Norton Healthcare
If you are interested in a truly meaningful and rewarding career in laboratory medicine - one in which you are an integral part of the medical delivery team - then you will find that and more as a laboratory professional at Norton Healthcare.
Lab medicine professionals perform testing on all ages of patients from neonates to geriatrics, allowing for the most complete practice of laboratory science. We use the most modern technology to produce over 2.2 million tests per year, with all major analyzers interfaced directly to our brand new laboratory and hospital-wide computer system.
Norton Healthcare provides a significant amount of specialized testing and procedures such as:
- Esoteric coagulation testing
- Flow cytometry as part of our full line of immunology services
- Intraoperative autologous transfusions
- Blood bank reference laboratory testing
- Electron microscopy as part of our full line of anatomic pathology services
- Molecular diagnostic testing as part of our full line of microbiology services
- Stem cell pheresis as part of our bone marrow transplant laboratory services
Norton Healthcare takes pride in our academically-oriented laboratory programs, holding practical rotation affiliations with Bellarmine University, Western Kentucky University, and Spencerian College.
With timely and high quality continuing education opportunities for our employees through our professional laboratory staff of 14 MDs and three PhDs, Norton Healthcare is an exceptional place to launch a new career in laboratory medicine.
We offer flexible scheduling, including 10 and 12 hour shifts.