Educating Tomorrow's Healthcare Leaders
Current Norton Healthcare Lansing Scholars: Access your student dashboard.
As a Bellarmine University student you are a member of one of the most prestigious academic institutions in the state of Kentucky. You also have an opportunity to take part in one of our most elite programs - The Norton Healthcare Foundation Lansing Scholars Program.
Dr. and Mrs. Allan Lansing have graciously given a gift to the Norton Healthcare Foundation to support qualified Lansing College of Nursing and Allied Health students. Recognizing the acute shortage of health care professionals, their goal was to assist students in becoming healthcare professionals. This is a student loan program that provides educational funding to students interested in pursuing designated health care careers. Upon graduation, the Scholar begins their career with Norton Healthcare and is eligible to have their loan forgiven.
Through the Lansing Scholars Program, Norton Healthcare will help cover your college expenses while you work toward a health care degree. In addition, you will take part in work and mentoring opportunities in your chosen field, preparing you for a great career at Norton. As the largest health care system in Kentucky, we can offer the choices and flexibility you will not find elsewhere. And our network of hospitals, Immediate Care Centers and Physician Practices offer a complete spectrum of health care fields, from newborns to elder care.
Be recognized as the best of the best - become a Lansing Scholar!
How it works:
You attend Bellarmine University classes full-time, studying your chosen field.
If accepted, you could qualify for academic assistance starting at a minimum of $8,000 per academic year that you are enrolled full time and in good standing in the Lansing Scholar Program and Bellarmine University.
* You work one month of full-time employment for each $500 you receive in Lansing scholarship funds.
Your Career Options
You can choose a career in any of these exciting health care fields:
Registered Nurse: RNs are the most highly educated nurses with the widest scope of responsibility, including all aspects of nursing care.
Cardiopulmonary Science: Become a Respiratory Therapist and use diagnostic procedures and therapeutic aids to treat patients with deficiencies, diseases and abnormalities associated with the heart and lungs.
Medical Laboratory Science: You will apply science and sophisticated medical technology to provide accurate information on the biochemicals and cells in blood and body fluids, identify infection-causing microorganisms, and perform transfusion and transplantation testing. These laboratory results are essential to accurate diagnoses, monitoring diseases, and establishing effective treatment.
Physical Therapy: Provide service to individuals of all ages with physical impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease or other causes.
Lansing Scholars Requirements
Lansing Scholars is a very selective and prestigious program, with only a few students each year chosen to receive it - submit your application from April 1st - May 1st. Nursing students all levels at Bellarmine University may apply, including incoming Freshmen.
- Official Transcripts – you must have a 3.25 cumulative Grade Point Average.
- Acceptance letter – a copy of your Bellarmine Acceptance Letter
- Three letters of recommendation – from three people not related to you. One must be from an educator, preferably a Bellarmine faculty member.
- An outstanding one page essay - explaining why the Lansing Scholarship would benefit you. Please include any community service that you may have done specifically healthcare-related activities and service if applicable.
Every Lansing Scholar is held to a higher standard - after all, you are the best in your class. As such, your commitment to the program and your school includes:
- Formally expressing your gratitude in a letter to Dr. and Mrs. Lansing, the Norton Hospitals Foundation, and your sponsor, as well as submitting an annual progress report to the Selection Committee.
- Submitting grades promptly at the end of every semester to the Norton Healthcare Office of Workforce Development.
- Submitting an annual progress report to the Selection Committee.
- Attending school-related public events to demonstrate the benefits of the Lansing Scholars Program.
Lansing Scholars Application
Norton Healthcare strives to make the Norton Healthcare Workforce Development site accessible to all. If you have a disability and need to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact: email@example.com.
If you're a candidate with a disability, we will make reasonable efforts to accommodate your needs during the application process.
For more information, please contact:
Office of Workforce Development
Phone: (502) 629-7411
Toll-free: (866) 662-0003