Welcome to Norton University
The purpose of Norton University is to provide education, organizational development and training opportunities that serve Norton Healthcare. We will guide and equip Norton Healthcare's workforce so employees are positioned for success, thereby making Norton Healthcare the premier regional health care provider.
At Norton University, we will:
- Be accountable to co-workers and customers.
- Serve with a high level of respect and authenticity.
- Support Norton Healthcare's strategic initiatives.
- Provide excellence in response to our customers.
- Commit to lifelong learning.
- Enjoy work and life.
Lifelong education is the key to a better future - both personally and professionally. It can help you become better equipped to live in a multiethnic and multicultural world. It opens the door to acquiring new skills to further your career and benefit you and your family. With that in mind, Norton University offers a wide variety of classes and training programs to help you improve your job performance, qualify for other jobs within Norton Healthcare if you want to change careers, and learn important interpersonal, time management and stress reduction skills to help at work and at home.
Norton University offers many professional and personal development courses, including:
- Decision Making in a Matrix Environment
- How to Deal with Difficult People
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
- Managing for Excellence
- Spirit of CareGiving
- Street-Smart Principled Negotiations
- Project Management Concepts and Techniques
- Retirement Planning
Continuing nursing education opportunities at Norton University
Norton University also provides opportunities for nurses to obtain continuing nursing education (CNE) contact hours required for:
- Renewal of state licensure
- Qualification for nursing specialty certification
- Renewal of nursing specialty certification
Online and instructor-led courses are available.
Norton Healthcare is an approved provider of continuing nursing education through the North Carolina Nurses Association, an accredited approver of the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation. The Kentucky Board of Nursing accepts contact hours from the ANCC.
For more information, call Norton University at (502) 629-7349 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.