Oncology Education & Prevention Fund
Your gift to the Oncology Education and Prevention Fund will help address the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of patients and their families throughout treatment as well as providing continuing education for oncology professionals throughout Norton Cancer Institute.
Thank you for helping us maintain the standard of quality health care the community has come to expect from Norton Healthcare.
Donate now to the Oncology Education and Prevention Fund through the Norton Healthcare Foundation.
Learning to cope with a cancer diagnosis is never easy, but programs and services provided through the Oncology Education and Prevention Fund of the Norton Healthcare Foundation encourage patients and their families to approach cancer diagnoses with a healthful and educated outlook. The fund supports services to patients, the community and Norton Healthcare staff, including:
- Community cancer screenings (breast, prostate, skin, lung and cervical cancers)
- Continuing education and certification opportunities for Norton Cancer Institute professionals, including the annual Nixon Lectureship.
- Wigs and turbans for patients experiencing hair loss due to cancer treatment
- One-on-one education with oncology-certified nurses
- Educational classes on topics from yoga and stress management to recovering from cancer-related surgery
- Community education on cancer prevention opportunities at health fairs
Established in 1996 by the Gouverneur H. Nixon family, this fund initially provided educational assistance for oncology staff at Norton Hospital in downtown Louisville. It has grown to offer a range of services to both oncology caregivers and patients.