At a point when you’re facing one of the greatest challenges of your life, you shouldn’t have to deal with added obstacles. Financial concerns may cause you to postpone a necessary appointment that is critical to your treatment. Maybe you’re confused about your diagnosis, or you would like more information about your treatment program? Regardless, it’s important not to let this fear and uncertainty dictate your treatment or affect the timely care you need.
Norton Cancer Institute’s Patient Navigator Program is designed to guide you through your entire treatment and recovery process – from before diagnosis through treatment to recovery and survivorship. Our oncology-certified patient navigators help steer your treatment course and connect you with the support you need.
- Help patients navigate the health care system
- Provide one-on-one consultations to help patients and family members better understand the diagnosis and treatment options
- Assist with information gathering
- Coordinate care and streamline appointments for quicker treatment
- Identify and provide assistance to overcome any barriers to cancer care, such as finances, transportation, language, culture, communication or fear
- Link patients, caregivers and families to community resources to address specific needs during cancer treatment
- Lead and facilitate support groups
Equipped with an in-depth understanding and familiarity of the health care system, our patient navigators are here to help ease stress and provide emotional support for the entire family. All services are free and available to anyone in the community regardless of where they receive care.
What Our Navigators Are Saying:
Read more about how our very own Leesa Mattingly answered the call for a young breast cancer survivor.
To request a patient navigator, call (502) 629-HOPE (4673).
For more information on the Norton Cancer Institute Patient Navigator Program, call or visit any of these locations:
Norton Audubon Hospital • (502) 636-8308
Norton Medical Plaza West – Audubon, Suite 300
2355 Poplar Level Road • Louisville, KY 40217
Norton Healthcare Pavilion • (502) 629-3136
315 E. Broadway, Suite 201 • Louisville, KY 40202
Norton Suburban Hospital • (502) 899-6888
Norton Medical Plaza II – Suburban, Suite 400
3991 Dutchmans Lane • Louisville, KY 40207