Speech Therapy Services
Norton Healthcare offers patients with speech related problems and disorders a comprehensive array of services. Utilizing the latest in technologies, our trained specialists can diagnose the extent and severity of a patient's impairment and help develop a customized treatment plan.
Inpatient and Outpatient services
Among the services offered at most of the Norton Healthcare facilities are evaluation and treatment for all neurogenic communication and swallowing problems.
Norton Hospital is home to the area's first digital videostrobe used to assess vocal cord integrity for the evaluation and treatment of voice disorders this service is also available at Norton Suburban Hospital. In addition, Norton Suburban Hospital Speech Therapy has:
- Extensive experience with voice therapy including treatment for professional voice use, singers, actors, teachers, etc. and evaluation and treatment for all vocal cord pathologies including nodules, polyps and muscle tension dysphonia.
- The only facility in the area with experience in evaluation and treatment of vocal cord dysfunction.
- A NICU speech-language pathologist for evaluation and therapy with infants feeding and swallowing disorders and therapy for communication disorders with children on an outpatient basis.
- Modified video swallow studies for adults, infants and children are performed at Kosair Children's Hospital and Norton Suburban Hospital
Other specific services available at Norton Hospital, Norton Suburban Hospital and include:
- Evaluation and treatment for laryngectomees, including pre-operative counseling and fitting and training with tracheo-esophageal prosthesis.
In addition, Norton Audubon Speech-Language Pathology specialists are trained in evaluation and treatment of Foreign and Regional accent reduction.
For more information on the Speech Therapy and Rehabilitation Services available at each facility, call:
Norton Suburban Hospital - (502) 893-1285
Norton Audubon Hospital - (502) 636-7188
Norton Hospital - (502) 629-7175
Kosair Children's Hospital - (502) 629-7185