Norton Women's and Kosair Children's Hospital receives center of excellence designation for minimally invasive gynecologic surgery
Read more >
With the many advances in gynecologic surgical methods and technology, women have more choices today than ever before. Norton Women’s Care is committed to offering the most innovative, minimally invasive gynecologic surgery options available, as well as specially trained staff dedicated to helping you return to normal activities as soon as possible after surgery.
Norton Women’s and Kosair Children’s Hospital, is a designated AAGL Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology (COEMIG). The COEMIG program is focused on improving the safety and quality of gynecologic patient care and is designed to expand access to minimally invasive gynecologic procedures performed by surgeons. At Norton Women's and Kosair Children's Hospital, our patient commitment is to deliver the safest, highest-quality care to minimally invasive gynecologic surgery patients. Minimally invasive procedures available include:
- Laparoscopic myomectomy and uterine artery embolization for the treatment of fibroids
- Sacrospinous fixation for advanced uterine prolapse
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
The Norton Women’s Care physicians who have earned this designation include:
Gynecological Surgery Options We Offer
Just some of our specialties include:
- Hysterectomy: surgical removal of the uterus and usually the cervix to treat uterine fibroid tumors, endometriosis, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) and more
- Hysteroscopy: diagnostic procedure to examine the inside of the uterus to identify fibroid tumors or stop or curb abnormal bleeding by removing the lining of the uterus
- Laparoscopy: surgical procedure using a slender telescopic instrument to view the pelvic organs through the abdomen and determine the cause of abdominal pain, infertility, ovarian cysts and uterine tumors
Most gynecological surgeries are performed under general or local anesthesia. Anesthesia is designed to bring about partial or complete loss of pain, to achieve adequate muscle relaxation during surgery and to calm fears and anxiety. It is important that you discuss all anesthesia options available before undergoing a surgical procedure.
See a Gynecological Surgeon at Norton Healthcare
Find a gynecologic surgeon or call (502) 629-1234 and we'll point you to the right specialist.