Women’s bodies go through many changes during a lifetime. But it’s never too soon or too late to pursue a healthy mind, body and spirit.
For a healthy you:
- Get at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day
- Eat a smart, well-balanced diet
- Do a monthly breast self-exam
- Get an annual mammogram
- Get your cholesterol, blood glucose and thyroid checked at least every five years
- Get your blood pressure checked every two years
- Repeat bone density test upon physician’s advice
- Get an annual pelvic exam every one to three years
- Get a colorectal exam every five years
- Get your vision and hearing checked based on your individual needs
- Visit the dentist twice a year for cleaning and an exam
- Get vaccinated: Influenza annually; pneumonia (once after age 65); diphtheria-tetanus every 10 years, diphtheria-tetanus pertussis once after age 65
- Do a monthly skin self-exam to check for new moles/changes
- Get a skin cancer clinical exam annually.
To find a physician visit our find a doc or call (502) 629-1234 for a physician referral.