Women’s bodies go through many changes during a lifetime. But it’s never too soon or too late to pursue a healthy mind, body and spirit.
For a healthy you:
- Get at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day
- Eat a smart, well-balanced diet
- Do a monthly breast self-exam
- Get your cholesterol and blood glucose checked at least every five years
- Get your blood pressure checked every two years
- Have your thyroid tested starting at age 35, then every five years
- Get an annual pelvic exam and Pap test every one to three years
- Get your vision and hearing checked based on your individual needs
- Visit the dentist twice a year for routine cleanings and exams
- Get a diphtheria-tetanus vaccine every 10 years; substitute one 10-year dose with diphtheria-tetanus pertussis once before age 65
- Do a monthly skin self-exam to check for new moles/changes
- Get a skin cancer clinical exam annually
To find a physician visit our find a doc or call (502) 629-1234 for a physician referral.