Wound Care Centers
|The Wound Healing Center at Norton Audubon Hospital has been recognized for excellence in wound healing. The Center was awarded this prestigious honor by Healogics, Inc., the nation's largest provider of advanced wound care services.
Wound Healing Center Locations
Patients may be referred to the Wound Healing Centers by their primary care physician, or they may call the centers directly for an appointment.
Norton Brownsboro - (502) 446-6160
Norton Audubon - (502) 636-8380
Comprehensive Wound Management
Norton Healthcare's Wound Healing Centers are among only a few hyperbaric and wound treatment programs available in the region. Our care teams diagnose and treat difficult-to-heal wounds, such as:
- Diabetic wounds
- Arterial ulcers
- Pressure ulcers
- Venous stasis ulcers
- Trauma wounds/accident injuries
- Compromised skin grafts and flaps
- Complex soft tissue wounds
- Problem surgical wounds
- Soft tissue infections
Specially Trained Physicians
The physicians at the Wound Healing Centers are board-certified wound specialists. Our physicians provide patients with:
- A detailed evaluation of the wound as well as an overall health assessment
- Recommendations for antibiotic or hyperbaric therapy, diagnostic testing and/or need for consultation with other specialized physicians, including general, plastic or vascular surgeons; endocrinologists; internists; dermatologists; therapists; and infectious disease specialists
Trained and Certified Care Team
Our team of certified wound care specialists understands the needs of patients with hard-to-treat and, often, painful wounds. The care team will develop a treatment plan based on each patient's individual needs and provide quality wound care while including the patient's primary care physician as an active member of the wound management team.
The Wound Healing Centers have sophisticated, on-site diagnostic testing.
- Simple and advanced Doppler studies
- Triple-phase bone scans
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Transcutaneous oximetry
- Ankle brachial index
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a noninvasive, extremely safe method of delivering high levels of oxygen to the body. Learn more about clinically approved indications for hyperbaric oxygen treatment. This unique treatment has been proven to help heal wounds, as well as:
- Wagner grade 3 or higher diabetic foot ulcers
- Tissue damage from radiation
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Osteomyelitis or infection of the bone
- Severe anemia
- Decompression sickness
The Wound Healing Centers accept most major insurance plans, HMOs and PPOs, as well as Medicare and Medicaid.