LOUISVILLE, Ky. (June 3, 2013) – Norton Healthcare, in conjunction with several community partners, will offer an electronics and prescription drug recycling event Saturday, June 8, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Kosair Children’s Medical Center – Brownsboro, 4910 Chamberlain Lane (adjacent to Norton Brownsboro Hospital, near Costco).
The public is invited to bring old, broken and used electronic devices; expired child car seats (with cushions removed); old cellphones; fluorescent light bulbs; expired prescription medications; and other items listed below.
- Republic Services will dispose of paper, cardboard, aluminum, glass and plastic.
- Iron Mountain will be on site with shredders to provide secure destruction of old paper files and personal documents. They will also provide secure bins to dispose of CDs/DVDs that will be shredded at the Iron Mountain facility.
- Louisville Metro Police Department will collect unused or expired medications.
- Creative Recycling Services will use state-of-the-art data security equipment and methodologies to securely remove proprietary information from computers and electronic devices.
Republic Services, Iron Mountain and Creative Recycling Services staff will be on hand to remove items from vehicles.
The following electronic equipment will be accepted for recycling:
- Computers – CPUs and laptops, mainframes, peripherals
- Monitors – CRTs and flat screens
- Telephones, cellphones and telephone systems
- Fax machines, printers, copiers and other office equipment
- Televisions – charge of $8 per television (cash only in exact amount)
- Banking and financial equipment
- Rechargeable batteries
- Electronic circuit boards and components
- Stereo equipment, electronic games, personal electronic devices
This recycling opportunity is part of Norton Healthcare’s GoNgreen initiative.
# # #
About Norton Healthcare
For 127 years, Norton Healthcare’s faith heritage has guided its mission to provide quality health care to all those it serves. Today, Norton Healthcare is a leader in serving adult and pediatric patients throughout Greater Louisville, Southern Indiana, the state of Kentucky and beyond. The hospital and health care system is the Louisville area’s third largest private employer, providing care at more than 140 locations throughout Greater Louisville and Southern Indiana. The Louisville-based not-for-profit system includes five Louisville hospitals with 1,837 licensed beds; seven outpatient centers; 12 Norton Immediate Care Centers; more than 12,000 employees; some 630 employed medical providers; and in excess of 2,000 total physicians on its medical staff. Norton Healthcare has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Metro Louisville, the state of Kentucky and nationally. Norton Healthcare and Humana were among the first nationally, and the only ones in Kentucky, asked to create, operate and study the Accountable Care Organization (ACO) model through the prestigious Brookings – Dartmouth ACO Pilot Project. More information about Norton Healthcare is available at NortonHealthcare.com.
About Kosair Children’s Medical Center – Brownsboro
Kosair Children’s Medical Center – Brownsboro opened in 2010 and is part of Kosair Children’s Hospital. Located adjacent to Norton Brownsboro Hospital in northeastern Jefferson County, Kosair Children’s Medical Center – Brownsboro is the only pediatric outpatient center of its type in Kentucky. The medical center features 365-days-a-year pediatric emergency services; a full complement of pediatric diagnostic imaging services, including MRI, CT, X-ray, fluoroscopy and ultrasound; cardiology services; a full-service laboratory; and a wide range of pediatric outpatient surgery services, including ENT, orthopaedics, eye, urinary, dental, nutritional services and general surgeries. The medical center’s layout, processes and amenities were designed to ease children’s and families’ anxiety about medical experiences and to make the facility a friendly and inviting place for children, teens, young adults and their families. More information about Kosair Children’s Medical Center – Brownsboro is available at MedicalCenter.KosairChildrens.com.