Patients of the Norton Cancer Institute Breast Health Program are paired with an oncology-certified nurse “navigator” who specializes in breast health. The patient navigator helps ease stress and increase emotional support for patients and their family members from the point of a suspicious finding through diagnosis, treatment and survivorship.
A breast health patient navigator:
- Helps patients navigate the health care system
- Provides educational materials and resources to promote breast health
- Provides one-on-one consultations to help patients and family members better understand the diagnosis and treatment options
- Assists with information gathering
- Coordinates care and streamlines appointments for quicker treatment
- Identifies and provides assistance to overcome any barriers to cancer care, such as finances, transportation, language, culture, communication or fear
- Links patients, caregivers and families to community resources to address specific needs during cancer treatment
- Leads and facilitates support groups
All services are free and available to anyone in the community regardless of hospital affiliation.
Breast Cancer Support Group
Women diagnosed with breast cancer meet to discuss their experiences and support one another. Call (502) 899-6888 to register.
The support group meets from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on the 3rd Tuesday of each month
Norton Medical Plaza I – St. Matthews, Suite 1A (enter through north entrance)
3999 Dutchmans Lane