Church and Health Ministries
Norton Healthcare, a not-for-profit organization, demonstrates its ongoing commitment to serve the community by offering a full array of health care services. Norton Healthcare also serves the community through outreach activities such as those provided by the Office of Church and Health Ministries.
Office of Church and Health Ministries
The purpose of Norton Healthcare’s church and health ministries initiatives is to honor the faith heritage of our founding churches – the Episcopal Church, United Methodist Church and the United Church of Christ – and the Presbyterian and Roman Catholic churches, which also are part of our faith history. In honoring this heritage, we serve persons of all beliefs and build relationships with faith communities to promote the connection between faith, healing and wellness.
Support services for faith communities
To extend our healing mission through collaboration with faith communities in Greater Louisville and surrounding areas, the office offers the following services and support:
- Introductory information about the concepts of faith community nursing and health ministries, and how to begin a health, wellness and healing program
- Faith community nurse educators who are available to guide groups or individuals as they develop and nurture programs
- Start-up kits with resource information and materials, such as “Faith Community Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, 2nd Edition”
- Networking opportunities with others to learn how they promote faith community nursing and health and wellness activities in their churches
- Educational speakers, displays and information about health, safety, spirituality and more
- Seminar and workshop opportunities for church leaders and members to learn about faith community nursing, ethics, whole-person care and other topics related to health ministries
- “Health Ministries Connection,” a quarterly newsletter featuring stories about program successes and articles on issues relevant to health and its relation to the mind, body and spirit. Read the latest issue to learn about coping with change or find past articles in the Health Ministries archives.
- Bimonthly emails listing current church and community events and health information
- Assistance in planning health fairs
- Annual Health Ministries Directory for Kentucky and Southern Indiana, which contains contact information for faith communities with active programs
For more information about these and other services or for general information about the Norton Healthcare Office of Church and Health Ministries, call (502) 629-2700.