Admissions and Application
- Complete an ACPE application
- A CPE supervisor will respond to the application within one month of receipt of application to let you know of your application status.
- Qualified applicants will be interviewed by the supervisory staff.
- Residency applicants may interview with Pastoral Advisory Committee members.
Information and Application
Anne Courtney, Secretary
Pastoral Care Department
Send a completed ACPE application, including all requested attachments and $25 application fee (check made payable to Norton Healthcare) to:
The Rev. Mary Burks
Director, Clinical Pastoral Education
Norton Healthcare Pastoral Care
Norton Healthcare Pavilion, Suite 525
315 E. Broadway
Louisville, KY 40202
Chaplain intern positions are unpaid. A CPE unit consists of 400 hours of clinical training. Two programs are offered each year.
Spring (25 hours weekly for 16 weeks): Begins on third Monday of January
Summer (40 hours weekly for 10 weeks): Begins on third Monday of May
Fall (25 hours weekly for 16 weeks): Begins on third Monday of August
Tuition: $725 per unit, plus $25 application fee
Deadline: One month prior to unit beginning date or until the program is full.
Prerequisite: 1 ACPE unit and a theological degree preferred
Chaplain residents are paid employees for a one-year training program.
- Applications accepted until positions are filled
- Employment begins the third Monday of August
- Three CPE units included
- Tuition: $400 per unit
- Health care benefits available at employee rates
- Stipend: $ 28,870.40 annually
- Six resident chaplain positions available
- One senior resident chaplain position available