Fructose Malabsorption Test
Your doctor has determined that you should undergo the Fructose Malabsorption Test
Fructose malabsorption test preparation instructions
- The physician should be notified of any recent antibiotic treatment and/or runny diarrhea prior to test. (These conditions can impact the validity of the test.)
- The patient should not eat high-fiber or slowly digesting foods the day before the test.
- Such foods include bran, course breads, nuts, beans and similar vegetables.
- This will reduce the cance of hydrogen and methane being produced from other food sources during the period of the test.
- The patient should fast overnight (at least 12 hours) before the test, consuming no food and having only water to drink.
- The patient should not smoke for at least one hour before collecting any air-sample used for the test.
- The patient should not sleep or exercise vigorously for at least one hour before or at any time during the test.