Appointments and Scheduling
All visits are by appointment during the office hours of 9 am to 5 pm Monday to Friday.
Nurse practioners are available for phone calls every day between the hours of 8-9 am and 5-6 pm. Call (502) 896-4711. Blood drawing services are available. Appointments are generally not needed for blood drawing.
When applicable, appointments are scheduled in advance. For urgent situations, every effort will be made to evaluate the issue as soon as possible in our office or at the hospital. We work hard to stay on schedule with office visits, however, emergencies occur and our physicians can be delayed. Feel free to call our office to confirm your appointment status. Bring the following items to your first appointment:
- Insurance verification (insurance card). We periodically will photocopy your insurance card to ensure we have
the most up-to-date information.
- Photo identification
- Payment for services
- Verification of current address, phone numbers and other contact information
- List of current medications
- Your pharmacy’s phone number and address
Additionally, we request some information in advance to allow our staff and physicians adequate time to review your records before your visit. You may request medical history forms to be mailed to you or download here. Mail the following items to our office at least six days prior to your scheduled appointment:
- Completed medical history forms, including a list of medications and dosages
- Any lab results or X-rays related to the issue for which you are being seen
- Monday: 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.; 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday: 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
There will be a $25 charge for office appointments not cancelled two business day in advance. There will be a $100 charge for procedure appointments not cancelled 3 business days in advance.
Office Consultations and follow up visits
Initial office consultations are generally performed prior to recommending any endoscopic procedures. An exception is screening colonoscopy in an asymptomatic individual which may be scheduled without an initial office consultation if desired.
The office observes traditional holidays including:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day - We are closed on the Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve after 1 pm and Christmas Day
Online health information
Patients of Norton Gastroenterology Consultants can use MyChart to access portions of their medical records. Specifically you can access:
View portions of your medical information online
- Review your medications, immunizations, allergies and medical history.
- Receive email notifications that lab results are posted for viewing on MyChart.
- Review health education topics and discharge instructions provided by your physician.
Stay in touch with your doctor's office
- Communicating with your Norton Healthcare doctor's office is as simple as sending a request for medical advice.
- MyChart is not an email system, but you are able to securely send a non-urgent message to your physician. It should not be used to communicate immediate medical concerns.
Manage your appointments
- Request or cancel appointments online.
- View details of your past and upcoming appointments.