Get Healthy Access Program (GHAP)
Connecting you to wellness
The Get Healthy Access Program (GHAP) helps promote health and wellness through education and guidance. The GHAP team serves as a coach and provides direction throughout the health care process.
What are the goals of GHAP?
- Provide no-cost screenings for heart disease
- Refer individuals at high risk for heart disease for assessment and counseling
- Increase awareness of risks and symptoms of heart disease
- Provide education about lifestyle changes to prevent heart disease
Can I participate in this program?
To participate, you must be:
- A resident of Jefferson County, Ky.
- 18 to 64 years old
- Blood pressure higher than 120/80
- Random sugar higher than 140
- Fasting sugar higher than 100
- Body mass index higher than 30 (height relative to weight)
- No serious chronic illnesses
What are my responsibilities?
As a participant, you must:
- Consent to participate
- Undergo a health risk assessment, exam and possible laboratory studies
- Visit with a primary care provider
- Follow up with the GHAP team and navigator to monitor progres
- Take advantage of opportunities to attend group health interventions
Participants identified as being high risk for developing heart disease will be referred to a primary care provider.
For additional information or to find out if you're eligible to participate in GHAP, call (502) 899-6842 or email ghap@nortonhealthcare.