Half Lytely Bowel Prep Kit
Clear Liquid Diet
- Broth — chicken, beef or vegetable
- Jell-O — No red or purple dyes
- Popsicles — No red or purple dyes
- Fruit juices — NO Orange Juice, Grapefruit juice or V8
- Coffee — WITHOUT creamer, but Vanilla Boost does work!
- Tea — hot or cold
- Soft drinks — Coke, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew - No red or purple dyes
- Gatorade — No red or purple dyes
- Any clear drinks — water, sprite, lemonade, etc.
- Boost — (up to six cans) the day before your procedure ONLY & Chocolate and Vanilla ONLY (NO BOOST PLUS)
***IMPORTANT: YOU MUST PURCHASE 1 BOTTLE OF MAGNESIUM CITRATE***
(Green or Clear Only, NO RED)
Prep Day - Starting the day before your procedure
You must complete ALL STEPS below to be cleaned out PROPERLY
- Patients who are on insulin should follow these guidelines. You should check your blood sugar 4 - 5 times the day of your prep. Take your regular morning dose of insulin. You need to check your blood sugar prior to your evening dose of insulin. If your blood sugar reads less than 150, do not take evening dose. If your blood sugar reads 150-200 take ½ dose of insulin. If your blood sugar reads over 200 take your full dose of insulin. Do not take insulin on day of your procedure until after procedure has been performed.
- Please notify us if you are currently taking the following medications and inform us as to why you are prescribed these medicines. We will advise you to discontinue or make adjustments to these medications or ask you to consult with your primary care physician or cardiologist prior to your procedure.
- Plavix (Clopidogrel)
- Effient (Prasugrel)
- Brilinta (Ticagrelor)
- Ticlid (Ticlodipine)
- Coumadin (Warfarin)
- Eliquis (Apixiban)
- Aggrenox (Aspirin/dipyridamole)
- Pradaxa (Dabigatran)
- Persantine (Dipyridamole)
- Xarelto (Rivaroxaban)
- a.m. — MIX SOLUTION
Tear open one Flavor Pack of choice and pour into Half Lytely bottle (solution can be used with or without flavor packs). Add lukewarm drinking water to top of line on bottle. Cap bottle and shake till it dissolves the powder. The solution will be clear and colorless. Use within 48 Hours. DO NOT add anything else to the solution, such as additional flavorings.
- p.m. — (Between 4:00–6:00p.m. on PREP DAY)
- Take BOTH tablets. DO NOT chew or crush and DO NOT take tablet within one hour of taking an antacid.
- Wait for a BOWEL MOVEMENT, after a bowel movement occurs. (usually within 1-6 hours, if NO bowel movement within 4-6 hours don’t worry, just begin drinking solution)
- Drink Half (1/2) of the solution in bottle. You will drink 8oz. every 10 minutes (about 4 glasses) until you have finished Half (1/2) of the solution, afterwards put the cap back on bottle and place bottle back in the refrigerator. TIP: it is better to drink each glass quickly, instead of taking many small sips.
- Then drink 1 bottle of Mag. Citrate (green or clear ONLY)
Day of Procedure
- A.M. drink the 2nd Half of solution.
Finish the solution 2-3 hours prior to procedure!
* * * You want your prep FINISHED early, so that the prep is OUT early enough (before you leave for hospital) * * *