If you or someone you love has lung cancer, Norton Cancer Institute is here to help. Because each person has different needs, our team of specialists works together to determine the most effective treatment options, from initial diagnosis through recovery.
The Norton Lung Health & Surgery Program offers a nurse navigator with clinical expertise in the care of postoperative surgical patients and in critical care. The nurse navigator acts as a contact person and supports patients and their families from the point of diagnosis through recovery. Norton Cancer Institute offers these services to our community free of charge.
A Norton Lung Health & Surgery Program nurse navigator:
- Assists patients with timely arrangement of appointments, diagnostic work-up, and treatment intervention.
- Provides access to educational and community resources.
- Provides emotional support for patients and families.
- Collaborates with other health care members for an interdisciplinary team approach to patient care.
- Helps patients "navigate" through the health care system.
For more information or to schedule a nurse navigator consultation, please call (502) 629-LUNG (5864).
In addition to surgery, Norton Cancer Institute offers:
- Radiation therapy
- Chemotherapy - either used alone, or in combination with radiation, depending on the stage of the tumor
As part of our comprehensive service, Norton Cancer Institute gives patients the chance to participate in innovative National Cancer Institute and industry-sponsored clinical research studies. A list of studies is available by contacting the Norton Cancer Prevention and Resource Resource Center at (502) 629-5500.
Norton Healthcare is available to answer questions you may have on lung cancer. Please email us at email@example.com and a health care professional will research and respond to your question within 48-hours. Exceptions may include weekends and holidays. Most questions are answered within one business day. Or, call the Norton Cancer Prevention and Resource Center at 1-800-555-6772 or (502) 629-5500. Please mention that you were directed by the Nortonhealthcare.com site.