The Norton Cancer Institute Mobile Prevention Center provides community residents with convenient access to Norton Cancer Institute’s preventive health screenings and education. The first of its kind in the region, the Mobile Prevention Center travels throughout Metro Louisville offering on-the-road testing, evaluation and cancer prevention education.
Staffed with highly trained, certified mammography technicians, nurse practitioners and medical assistants or physicians, our Mobile Prevention Center offers breast, cervical, prostate and colorectal cancer screenings; digital mammograms; individual comprehensive cancer risk assessments; and risk reduction education.
Insurance covers most mammograms; however, a co-pay may apply. For Jefferson County residents who do not have insurance or whose insurance does not cover cancer screenings and mammograms, funding is available.
Bring the Mobile Prevention Center to You
To reserve the Mobile Prevention Center we ask that you guarantee at least 20 participants over age 40 who have not had cancer screenings in the past year. Call (502) 899-6842 for more information or reservations.
(View screening guidelines for cancer prevention)
The Mobile Prevention Center requires the following:
- A paved area for the vehicle to park. Gravel lots are not permitted.
- Direct access from the vehicle to public restrooms.
- A turning area of approximately 75 feet.
- No canopies, low bridges or overhead structures lower than 13 feet.
- Approximately four perpendicular normal-size parking spaces or two parallel parking spaces.
- However, it is beneficial to have six perpendicular spaces or three parallel spaces available to allow the vehicle to park easily.
View photos and take a virtual tour
For more information about the Mobile Prevention Center or to schedule an appointment at a location near you, call (502) 899-6842.