How to participate
Participate in the N Good Health wellness program
You can get healthier and earn money at the same time. Just do the 4 steps. To get started, go to NGoodHealth.com, which is accessible from any device with Internet access.
- If you already have an N Good Health account, log in and click on the “How to participate and do your 4 steps.”
- If you don’t have an account, choose “Register New Account.” Follow the instructions to create your account and then click the N Good Health program button to begin.
Your personal health information is kept strictly confidential. Human Resources employees do not have access to your information, nor will it be used for any employment actions or decisions.
Do the 4 steps
Each year, eligible employees must complete the 4 steps between Jan. 1 and Sept. 15 to earn wellness credits for the following year.* Eligible spouses also must complete the 4 steps.**
Note: You and your covered spouse must complete the 4 steps if you want to enroll in the Norton Healthy Living Plan medical insurance during open enrollment for 2016 benefits.
||Step 1. Take your health risk assessment
The health risk assessment helps identify your health risks and allows you to develop your personal wellness plan.
- Log in at NGoodHealth.com and choose Step 1 to take your health risk assessment.
- The form has 45 questions and takes 10 to 15 minutes to complete. Share your results with
your primary care provider.
Step 2. Complete your annual wellness statement
The annual wellness statement helps ensure that you are up-to-date on your cancer prevention screenings and encourages you to live a tobacco-free lifestyle. Early detection of cancer greatly increases the chance for effective treatment and improved health outcomes. Tobacco use can lead to tobacco/nicotine dependence and serious health problems.
Before you can complete your annual wellness statement, you must:
- Have an up-to-date mammogram and Pap smear (women)
- Have an up-to-date colorectal screening (men and women)
- Not be a tobacco user, or if you are a tobacco user, have completed an approved program or coaching for tobacco cessation
- Approved tobacco cessation programs are available through NGoodHealth.com. These programs take from four to 13 weeks to complete. To complete the shortest one by the deadline, you must register by Friday, Aug. 7, 2015.
- Health Style Coaching must be tailored specifically for tobacco cessation.
Allow yourself plenty of time to complete these tasks; it could take up to 90 days to get an appointment. When they’re complete, log in at NGoodHealth.com and click on Step 2 to complete your annual wellness statement.
Step 3. Visit your primary care provider for an annual wellness exam.
Establishing a relationship with a primary care provider allows continuous and coordinated care throughout your lifetime. Having an annual wellness exam, also known as a routine physical, has been shown to detect early warning signs of many diseases. Timely diagnosis increases your chance of leading a longer, healthier life.
Log in at NGoodHealth.com and click on Step 3. If you have a Norton Healthcare primary care provider, print the medical release consent form. If you have a non-Norton Healthcare primary care provider, print the provider form. Be sure to review the tip sheet that will print with your instructions. Discuss your health risk assessment (Step 1) with your provider to develop your wellness goals for the coming year.
Allow yourself plenty of time to schedule your wellness exam; it could take up to 90 days to get an appointment.
Step 4. Earn 100 points.
This step requires you to take action toward creating a healthier you by earning at least 100 points through engaging in healthy habits.
New for 2015:
Before points are awarded, most activities will be verified by N Good Health, especially those that earn a high number of points. Activities that are self-reported, such as “participating in a regular physical activity three times a week” will be worth from 1 to 5 points. You will need to actively engage in healthy behaviors, have wellness exam results within a healthy range or demonstrate risk category improvement in 2015 in order to earn points. Earning points will still be easy if you make your health a priority. Visit NGoodHealth.com and click on Step 4 for a list of ways to earn points.
Here are some examples:
- Participate in any of the subsidized wellness programs available through N Good Health.
- Have optimal lab results or move to a lower risk category for body mass index (BMI), blood pressure (systolic or diastolic), cholesterol (HDL or LDL), or blood glucose (or self-reported verified hemoglobin A1c)
- Sync your Fitbit (or enter steps/activity manually) and earn 1 point for every 5,000 steps walked.
- Complete online workshops. A variety of workshops are available that will help you address risk(s) and learn more about various holistic health and wellness topics.
Check your progress
To see which steps you’ve completed, log in at NGoodHealth.com and choose “Check if your 4 steps are done.” This link takes you to a page that shows your progress toward completing the 4 steps. When the bar for a step is green, that step is complete. All four bars must be green by the Sept. 15, 2015, deadline.
It’s not too late to receive wellness credits in 2015
If you have not yet qualified for wellness credits in 2015, you still can! Complete the 4 steps and you will begin receiving wellness credits based on the following time frames:
Norton Healthcare offers the N Good Health wellness program as a benefit to you and your spouse. If eligible,* you will earn $25 in wellness credits (money added to your pay voucher) per pay period for the first 180 days (six months) of employment. Eligible spouses also will earn $25 in wellness credits per pay period. Within the first 180 days of employment, both you and your spouse must complete the N Good Health 4 steps to continue earning wellness credits. If you do not complete all the steps within this time frame, you will no longer earn wellness credits.
Medical insurance options for employees hired in 2015
- You will be able to enroll in any available medical plan during open enrollment for 2016, whether or not you and your covered spouse have done the 4 steps. However, you and your covered spouse must complete the 4 steps by Sept. 15, 2016, to be able to enroll in the Norton Healthy Living Plan medical insurance during open enrollment for 2017.
*Eligibility requirements for wellness credits
- Employees statused to work at least 32 hours per pay period and spouses who are enrolled in a Norton Healthcare medical plan can qualify to earn $25 in wellness credits per participant per pay period by doing the 4 steps. The credits appear on the employee’s pay voucher under “Wages” and increase gross earnings.
**How does my spouse create an account to complete the 4 steps?
- Spouses need a spouse member number to create an N Good Health account. To obtain a spouse member number, call the Norton Service Center at (502) 629-8911, option 2. Then go to NGoodHealth.com and choose the green “Register New Account” button. Enter the spouse member number in the field indicated and choose a username and password. Once an account is created, spouses can log in and begin completing the 4 steps.
If it is unreasonably difficult due to a medical condition for you to complete the 4 steps to earn wellness credits or if it is medically inadvisable for you to attempt to complete the 4 steps to earn wellness credits, you may complete a medical exclusion form in order to qualify for wellness credits. Call the N Good Health Department at (502) 629-2162 for the form or answers to any questions.