Phospho-Soda EZ Prep Bowel Kit
Clear Liquid Diet
- Broth — chicken, beef or vegetable
- Jell-O — No red or purple dyes
- Popsicles — No red or purple dyes
- Fruit juices — NO Orange Juice, Grapefruit juice or V8
- Coffee — WITHOUT creamer, but Vanilla Boost does work!
- Tea — hot or cold
- Soft drinks — Coke, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew - No red or purple dyes
- Gatorade — No red or purple dyes
- Any clear drinks — water, sprite, lemonade, etc.
- Boost — (up to six cans) the day before your procedure ONLY & Chocolate and Vanilla ONLY (NO BOOST PLUS)
Instructions for the Fleet Phosho-Soda EZ Prep kit are very detailed.
For best instruction, please download the EZ Prep Detailed Instructions.
- Patients who are on insulin should follow these guidelines. You should check your blood sugar 4 - 5 times the day of your prep. Take your regular morning dose of insulin. You need to check your blood sugar prior to your evening dose of insulin. If your blood sugar reads less than 150, do not take evening dose. If your blood sugar reads 150-200 take ½ dose of insulin. If your blood sugar reads over 200 take your full dose of insulin. Do not take insulin on day of your procedure until after procedure has been performed.
- Please notify us if you are currently taking the following medications and inform us as to why you are prescribed these medicines. We will advise you to discontinue or make adjustments to these medications or ask you to consult with your primary care physician or cardiologist prior to your procedure.
- Plavix (Clopidogrel)
- Effient (Prasugrel)
- Brilinta (Ticagrelor)
- Ticlid (Ticlodipine)
- Coumadin (Warfarin)
- Eliquis (Apixiban)
- Aggrenox (Aspirin/dipyridamole)
- Pradaxa (Dabigatran)
- Persantine (Dipyridamole)
- Xarelto (Rivaroxaban)