Jeff Stephenson, M.D.
Jeff Stephenson, M.D., is a sports medicine physician with Norton Orthopedic Specialists – Brownsboro. He specializes in sports health for children and adults. Dr. Stephenson earned his medical degree from American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine in St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles. He completed his residency at Bethesda Family Practice Center in Cincinnati, Ohio, and a fellowship in sports medicine at Bethesda Family Medicine and Beacon Orthopedics & Sports Medicine in Cincinnati.
Dr. Stephenson is certified with the American Board of Family Medicine and is a member of the American College of Sports Medicine, American Medical Society for Sports Medicine and American Academy of Family Medicine. He has a special interest in ultrasound-guided injections and platelet-rich plasma therapy. Dr. Stephenson is board-certified in sports medicine and has worked at the Cincinnati Flying Pig Marathon for the past 3 years. He has served as team physician for Kings High School, College of Mount St. Joseph and Xavier University, all in Cincinnati, Ohio. He also has served on the medical team for the Cincinnati Reds baseball team, the U.S. Olympic Team Last Chance Qualifier for boxing and the Cincinnati Gymnastics Academy Coaches Spectacular.
Dr. Stephenson's mission is to provide top quality, patient-centered care in the area of sports medicine.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, call:
Norton Orthopedic Specialists – Brownsboro
Norton Medical Plaza II
(Orthopedic and Hand Center)
9880 Angies Way, Suite 250
Louisville, KY 40241
As part of Norton Sports Health, Dr. Stephenson works with the following teams and organizations
- Bellarmine University: Official sports health provider
- Christian Academy of Louisville: Official sports health provider
- Derby City CrossFit: Official sports health provider
- Ironman Louisville: Official medical provider and title sponsor
- Jefferson County Public Schools high schools: Ballard, Central, Butler, Fern Creek, Waggener,
- Male, Southern, Valley, Eastern and Seneca
- Jefferson County Public Schools middle and high schools: Concussion education adviser
- Kentucky Country Day School: Official sports health provider
- Kentucky Derby Festival: Official training partner and medical provider for the
- Louisville Bats (Triple-A affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds): Official sports health provider
- Louisville Catholic School Athletic Association: Official sports health provider
- Louisville Sports Commission: Presenting sponsor and medical provider for the Great Pumpkin 10k
- Spalding University: Official sports health provider
Lynne Marie is determined to kick start her workout program and take a healthy lifestyle to another level. She's meeting with a personal trainer, making sure she's eating properly, and most importantly, she's meeting with Dr. Jeff Stephenson, sports medicine physician with Norton Community Medical Associates -- Brownsboro.
He specializes in sports health for children and adults. In Lynne Marie's case, Dr. Stephenson is making sure she is healthy before starting a vigorous training schedule in preparation of running the Kentucky Derby Festival half marathon this year with her ultimate goal of losing a hundred pounds.