Flu - Influenza
Avoid the flu blues this season
Tips to avoid flu viruses
- Get a flu shot this year.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, and spend at least 20 seconds scrubbing them.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Germs spread this way.
If you get the flu, avoid spreading it to others by:
- Covering your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
- Staying home for at least 24 hours after your fever is gone except to get medical care or for other necessities.
- Limiting contact with others as much as possible to keep from infecting them.
For your cold and flu season needs or for other minor illnesses or injuries, stop by your neighborhood Norton Immediate Care Center.
Most open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. seven days a week. And, best of all, no appointment is needed.