Faith and Health Ministries
Perspectives for Clergy: Honoring Older Adults and Caregivers:
Honoring Older Adults and Caregivers
Nov. 7, 2019
7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m.
There is a historical demographic shift underway in America. By 2035, the U.S. Census Bureau predicts that people age 65 and older will outnumber those age 18 and younger. What impact will an aging America have on faith communities and the people they serve? What do clergy members, spiritual leaders, faith community nurses, health ministers and others in ministry need to know to care for congregants, family, neighbors and themselves?
Attend this seminar to hear from experienced gerontologists, researchers, ministers and others about the intersection of faith, health and the aging process. Discover ways to care for family members affected by dementia. Learn about what is needed to maximize the power of a spiritual presence while caring for older adults. Find out how telling your personal story affects your aging experiences. Community service professionals also will help participants discover resources and how to access them.
Guided by Faith, Committed to Serve
Norton Healthcare, a not-for-profit organization, demonstrates its ongoing commitment to serve the community by offering a full array of health care services. Norton Healthcare also serves the community through outreach activities provided by Norton Faith & Health Ministries.
The purpose of Norton Faith & Health Ministries is to honor the faith heritage of our founding churches — the Episcopal Church, The United Methodist Church and the United Church of Christ — and the Presbyterian and Roman Catholic churches, which also are part of our faith history. In honoring this heritage, we serve people of all beliefs and build relationships with faith communities to promote the connection between faith, healing and wellness.
Norton Faith & Health Ministries Outreach Services
As faith communities work to become centers of whole-person health, people who are passionate about health and healing are answering the call to serve in health ministries. Norton Faith & Health Ministries helps faith communities weave health and faith together. We offer the following:
- Introductory information about the concepts of faith community nursing and health ministries, and how to begin a health, wellness and healing program
- Faith community nurse educators who are available to guide groups or individuals as they develop and nurture programs
- Networking opportunities, educational speakers, displays and information about health, safety, spirituality and more
- Education programs for faith community leaders and others to learn about faith community nursing, ethics, whole-person care and other topics related to health ministries
- “Health Ministries Connection,” a newsletter featuring stories about program successes and articles on issues relevant to health and its relationship to the mind, body and spirit.
- Bimonthly emails listing current church and community events and health information
- Assistance in planning health fairs/clinics
Download Faith, Healing and Wellness brochure to learn about health ministries and faith community nursing.
For more information about these and other services or for general information about Norton Faith & Health Ministries, call (502) 629-2700
Germs, viruses and bacteria are back in school too. And they’re coming home which means their sick day could potentially turn into your sick day. Here are some of the more common illnesses that kids […]Read Full Story
Donating to Bike to Beat Cancer continues a cycle of hope for your parent, spouse, partner, sibling, friend or loved one as we pedal one step closer to beating cancer. Because of donations to Bike […]Read Full Story
There’s a new treatment option for patients in Louisville with medically-refractory epilepsy. Louisville’s first patient to get deep brain stimulation for epilepsy — a patient treated at Norton Neuroscience Institute — now has an implanted […]Read Full Story
The lineup for the 2019 Neuroscience Expo features sessions with neurological experts and others on a range of topics from specific conditions to financial considerations. The Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019, event at the Kentucky International […]Read Full Story