Diagnostic imaging career opportunities at Norton Healthcare
Diagnostic imaging professionals at Norton Healthcare are a valuable asset to our hospital teams, medical offices and patients.
Positions within diagnostic imaging at Norton Healthcare include:
- Radiologic technologist
- Medical sonographer
- CT/MRI/CT scan technician
Typical day for a radiologic technologist
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day for a radiologic technologist include:
- Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during a scan.
- Operate or oversee operation of radiologic or magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Position imaging equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance.
- Review and evaluate developed X-rays, video or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Use radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
Typical day for a medical sonographer
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day for a sonographer include:
- Provide sonogram and oral or written summary of technical findings to physicians for use in medical diagnoses.
- Observe the screen during scans to ensure the image is satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Observe and care for patients throughout exams to ensure safety and comfort.
Contact us to set-up a career coaching opportunities for this career field.
Education: Not required
Credentials: Radiologic technologist, radiation operator (state)
Education: Not required
Credentials: RDMS or S-ARRT – Must obtain registered diagnostic medical sonographer (RDMS) or sonography (S-ARRT) credential within one year of hire.
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story