Medical laboratory technician career opportunities at Norton Healthcare
Laboratory science professionals at Norton Healthcare are a valuable asset to our hospital teams and patients.
Positions within laboratory science at Norton Healthcare include:
- Medical laboratory technician
- Medical technologist
- Pathology/histology technician
Medical laboratory technician tasks
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day for a medical laboratory technician include:
- Analyze the results of tests or experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using specialized mechanical or electrical devices.
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients.
- Conduct chemical analysis of bodily fluids by using a microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases and report findings to health care providers.
- Perform routine medical laboratory tests for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease.
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions or reagents to be combined with samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
Education: Diploma in medical laboratory technician
Credentials: Medical laboratory technician
Contact us to set-up career coaching opportunities for this career field.
Karen Allen, R.N., oncology patient navigator for Norton Cancer Institute, sees the patient navigator role as a “bridge across the canyon of uncertainty” for patients who are newly diagnosed with cancer. “I imagine my family […]Read Full Story
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story