Medical office job opportunities
Medical office professionals are a valuable asset to our Norton Medical Group offices and patients.
Positions within Norton Medical Group offices at Norton Healthcare include:
- Medical assistant
- Licensed practical nurse (LPN)
- Office staff
Typical day for a medical assistant at Norton Healthcare
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day for a medical assistant include:
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, test results and other pertinent information in Epic, our electronic medical records system.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight and height.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
Typical day for an LPN at Norton Healthcare
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day for an LPN include:
- Administer prescribed medications or start intravenous fluids, noting times and amounts on patients’ charts.
- Observe patients, charting and reporting changes in patients’ conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Answer patients’ calls and determine how to assist them.
Contact us to set-up career coaching opportunities for this career field.
- Education: Certificate in medical assisting
- Credentials: Certified medical assistant
- One year of experience as a medical assistant OR completion of a medial assistance education program
- Education: Diploma in nursing
- Credentials: Licensed practical nurse
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story