Respiratory therapist job opportunities
Respiratory therapists at Norton Healthcare are a valuable asset to our hospital teams and patients.
A typical day for a respiratory therapist at Norton Healthcare
At Norton Healthcare, tasks in a typical day include:
- Assess, treat and care for patients with breathing disorders by assuming primary responsibility for all respiratory care modalities.
- Initiate and conduct therapeutic procedures.
- Maintain patient records through Epic, our enterprise electronic medical records system.
- Provide emergency care, such as artificial respiration, external cardiac massage or assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Monitor patients’ physiological responses to therapy, including vital signs, arterial blood gasses and blood chemistry changes. Initiate physician consultation if adverse reactions occur.
- Set up and operate medical devices following the parameters of treatment, including mechanical ventilators, therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control systems and aerosol generators.
- Work as part of a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses and other professionals to manage patient care.
Contact us to set-up career coaching opportunities for this career field.
Education: Associate degree in respiratory therapy
- CRT or RRT; those with a CRT must obtain a RRT within six months of hire
- Respiratory therapist (state)
Germs, viruses and bacteria are back in school too. And they’re coming home which means their sick day could potentially turn into your sick day. Here are some of the more common illnesses that kids […]Read Full Story
Donating to Bike to Beat Cancer continues a cycle of hope for your parent, spouse, partner, sibling, friend or loved one as we pedal one step closer to beating cancer. Because of donations to Bike […]Read Full Story
There’s a new treatment option for patients in Louisville with medically-refractory epilepsy. Louisville’s first patient to get deep brain stimulation for epilepsy — a patient treated at Norton Neuroscience Institute — now has an implanted […]Read Full Story
The lineup for the 2019 Neuroscience Expo features sessions with neurological experts and others on a range of topics from specific conditions to financial considerations. The Saturday, Sept. 21, 2019, event at the Kentucky International […]Read Full Story