- Complete the ACPE application.
- A Clinical Pastoral Education supervisor will respond within one month of receiving your application to let you know of your application status.
- Qualified applicants will be interviewed by the supervisory staff.
- Residency applicants may interview with Pastoral Advisory Committee members.
Information and application
Send your completed ACPE application, including all requested attachments and a $50 application fee (check made payable to Norton Healthcare) to:
The Rev. Mary Burks
Director, Clinical Pastoral Education
Norton Healthcare Pastoral Care
Norton Healthcare Pavilion, Suite 525
315 E. Broadway
Louisville, KY 40202
For questions, contact:
Patti Browning, Secretary
Pastoral Care Department
Student intern positions
Chaplain intern positions are unpaid. A CPE unit consists of 400 hours of clinical training. Three programs are offered each year.
- Unpaid student position
- Earn ACPE CPE Unit
- Eligible for seminary or college course credit
- Parish/congregational ministry hours may be credited required hour
- College degree
- Some theological education preferred
- A faith group recommendation letter if not enrolled in seminary
Tuition: $850 per unit plus $50 application fee
Deadline to apply: One month prior to unit beginning date or until the program is full
Spring (25 hours weekly for 16 weeks): Begins on third Monday of January
Summer (40 hours weekly for 10 weeks): Begins on third Monday of May
Fall (25 hours weekly for 16 weeks): Begins on third Monday of August
Chaplain residents are paid employees for a one-year training program.
- Six resident chaplain positions are available.
- One senior resident chaplain position is available.
- Applications are accepted until the positions are filled.
- Three CPE units are included.
- Employment begins the third Monday of August.
- Health care benefits are available at employee rates.
- Stipend: $35,090 annually
Tuition: $500 per unit
- 1 ACPE unit
- Theological degree preferred
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story