Try this recipe!
The nights are cooling off and those fall soups and stews are piquing our interest again. Here is a cool weather recipe that is a favorite around here: Sweet potato, collard green and chicken stew
• 2 cups uncooked chicken, cut into pieces
• 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
• 1 bunch collard greens, chopped
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 4 cups chicken stock (see page 4 for recipe or use canned)
• 2 cups water
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
In a stock pot, heat olive oil and sauté onion until lightly browned. Add sweet potato, collard greens, chicken stock, water and seasonings, and bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer for 30 minutes. Add chicken pieces and cook until chicken and sweet potatoes are fully cooked. Adjust seasoning as needed.
per serving: 4 servings; 349 calories; 11 g fat; 30 g protein; 32g carbohydrates