Louisville’s leader in leukemia care
Norton Cancer Institute is the leading provider of leukemia care in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Our leukemia specialists are board-certified and fellowship-trained leaders in their field. They’re at the forefront of developing innovative approaches to getting patients back to living their lives.
If you’ve been diagnosed with leukemia, you want to start getting better right away. That’s why we offer same-day appointments for newly diagnosed patients.
At Norton Cancer Institute, you’ll have a one-on-one relationship with your oncologist, radiation oncologist or other specialist. The next cancer doctor you see will be either someone you know or someone you’ll be seeing again who knows your case.
Innovative leukemia care tailored for you
We use the latest equipment and procedures to make a precise diagnosis that shows how advanced your cancer is. We’ll use that to tailor a treatment plan just for you.
We will devise a personalized care plan based on the severity of your leukemia and presence of any other medical conditions. Plus, you have access to innovative clinical trials, as well as a suite of leukemia support services and a dedicated patient navigator to walk you through every phase of care.
Our state-of-the-art treatments include immunotherapy and biologic therapies that can provide a unique treatment designed specifically to combat the genetic makeup of your cancer.
Your treatment plan could include chemotherapy, a bone marrow transplant or both. Your physician may decide on other types of treatments, including biological, targeted and radiation therapy.
You can participate in innovative National Cancer Institute- and industry-sponsored clinical research studies. These trials help improve current cancer treatments, in addition to finding new and promising solutions.
Leukemia care for the whole person
- From Corydon, Indiana, to Shelbyville, Kentucky, Norton Cancer Institute has seven outpatient locations and multiple infusion centers. We have three radiation centers located just off major interstates with free self-service parking and valet parking.
- Customized leukemia treatments including the most advanced technology.
- Five Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana offer a variety of support services that address the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of patients and their families. Specially trained oncology nurses are on hand to provide one-on-one counseling.
- The Norton Cancer Institute Behavioral Oncology Program provides supportive emotional and psychological care for patients diagnosed with leukemia and their families.
About Norton Cancer Institute
Norton Cancer Institute is a leading oncology practice in Louisville and Southern Indiana. We offer comprehensive care from specialists who are specialists in most types of cancer.
We have locations across Louisville, Southern Indiana and Kentucky, and will see you quickly. You don’t have to wait to get started recovering from cancer.
Norton Cancer Institute provides world-class oncology/hematology care and radiation therapy close to home.
- We have 100 specialists, including board-certified and fellowship-trained oncologists at the leading edge of cancer treatment.
- We provide some of the most current therapies, including surgical, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy and genetic therapiestailored to combat the unique genetic makeup of your cancer.
- We offer same-day appointments for newly diagnosed patients.
- We are the only accredited Integrated Network Cancer Program in Kentucky.
- We have the most patient navigators in Louisville to walk you through the world of health insurance, scheduling, support services and getting better.
- Our radiation therapy program sets the standard for precision and excellence in the region.
- We care for more than 4,000 newly diagnosed cancer patients each year.
- More than 180 cancer-related clinical trials give patients access to the newest therapies.
- We’re close to you with seven outpatient locations, three radiation centers, and multiple infusion centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Our Prompt Care Clinics offer extended hours to cancer patients and patients with complex blood disorders dealing with side effects and symptoms. We don’t want you to be in the hospital any more than you have to be.
- Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers are a place to get information and counseling when you need it.
- The Adolescent and Young Adult Program for young patients is one of the most comprehensive dedicated programs in the country.
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, prescription refills and more anytime from a computer or mobile device using MyNortonChart.
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story