Louisville’s leader in ovarian cancer care
Norton Cancer Institute is the leading provider of ovarian cancer care in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Our gynecologic cancer specialists are board-certified and fellowship-trained leaders in their field. They’re at the forefront of developing innovative approaches to getting patients back to living their lives.
If you’ve been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, you want to start getting better right away. That’s why we offer same-day appointments for newly diagnosed patients.
At Norton Cancer Institute, you’ll have a one-on-one relationship with your oncologist, surgeon, radiation oncologist or other specialist. The next cancer doctor you see will be either someone you know or someone you’ll be seeing again who knows your case.
Innovative ovarian cancer care tailored for you
Our advanced testing options will help your specialist determine a care plan and tailor it for you based on the stage of your tumor and your treatment goals. Your comprehensive care team of physicians and other health care providers meets regularly to review your case and plan the next steps.
Our state-of-the-art treatments include immunotherapy. We can provide a unique treatment designed specifically to combat the genetic makeup of your cancer.
We typically treat ovarian cancer with a hysterectomy and removal of the ovaries, cervix and fallopian tubes. We usually follow ovarian cancer surgery with chemotherapy.
In addition to our current leading-edge treatments, we offer you the opportunity to participate in innovative National Cancer Institute- and industry-sponsored clinical research studies. These trials help to improve current cancer treatments, in addition to finding new and promising solutions.
Ovarian cancer care for the whole person
- From Corydon, Indiana, to Shelbyville, Kentucky, Norton Cancer Institute has seven outpatient clinic locations and multiple chemotherapy infusion centers. We have three radiation centers located just off major interstates with free self-service parking and valet parking.
- Five Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana offer a variety of support services that address the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of patients and their families. Specially trained oncology nurses are also on hand to provide one-on-one counseling.
- The Norton Cancer Institute Behavioral Oncology Program provides supportive emotional and psychological care for patients diagnosed with ovarian cancer and their families.
About Norton Cancer Institute
Norton Cancer Institute is a leading oncology practice in Louisville and Southern Indiana. We offer comprehensive care from specialists who are specialists in most types of cancer.
We have locations across Louisville, Southern Indiana and Kentucky, and will see you quickly. You don’t have to wait to get started recovering from cancer.
Norton Cancer Institute provides world-class oncology/hematology care and radiation therapy close to home.
- We have 100 specialists, including board-certified and fellowship-trained oncologists at the leading edge of cancer treatment.
- We provide some of the most current therapies, including surgical, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy and genetic therapiestailored to combat the unique genetic makeup of your cancer.
- We offer same-day appointments for newly diagnosed patients.
- We are the only accredited Integrated Network Cancer Program in Kentucky.
- We have the most patient navigators in Louisville to walk you through the world of health insurance, scheduling, support services and getting better.
- Our radiation therapy program sets the standard for precision and excellence in the region.
- We care for more than 4,000 newly diagnosed cancer patients each year.
- More than 180 cancer-related clinical trials give patients access to the newest therapies.
- We’re close to you with seven outpatient locations, three radiation centers, and multiple infusion centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Our Prompt Care Clinics offer extended hours to cancer patients and patients with complex blood disorders dealing with side effects and symptoms. We don’t want you to be in the hospital any more than you have to be.
- Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers are a place to get information and counseling when you need it.
- The Adolescent and Young Adult Program for young patients is one of the most comprehensive dedicated programs in the country.
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, prescription refills and more anytime from a computer or mobile device using MyNortonChart.
We are seeing record high temperatures in Greater Louisville already this spring. These early hot days mean you can get caught off guard by heat-related illnesses, such as dehydration, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat [...]Read Full Story
Under the VA Mission Act of 2018, eligible U.S. veterans now are able to get treatment for minor injuries and illnesses such as colds, sore throats and minor skin infections at urgent care clinics through […]Read Full Story
Karen Allen, R.N., oncology patient navigator for Norton Cancer Institute, sees the patient navigator role as a “bridge across the canyon of uncertainty” for patients who are newly diagnosed with cancer. “I imagine my family […]Read Full Story
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story