Louisville’s leader in uterine cancer care
Norton Cancer Institute is the leading provider of uterine cancer care in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Our gynecologic cancer specialists are board-certified and fellowship-trained leaders in their field. They’re at the forefront of developing innovative approaches to getting patients back to living their lives.
If you’ve been diagnosed with uterine cancer, you want to start getting better right away. That’s why we offer same-day appointments for newly diagnosed patients.
At Norton Cancer Institute, you’ll have a one-on-one relationship with your oncologist, surgeon, radiation oncologist or other specialist. The next cancer doctor you see will be either someone you know or someone you’ll be seeing again who knows your case.
Innovative uterine cancer care tailored for you
Our advanced testing options will help your specialist determine a care plan and tailor it for you based on the stage of your tumor and your treatment goals. Your comprehensive care team of physicians and other health care providers meets regularly to review your case and plan the next steps.
Our state-of-the-art treatments include immunotherapy. We can provide a unique treatment designed specifically to combat the genetic makeup of your cancer.
Surgery is typically a part of uterine cancer treatment and could include hysterectomy. We also may perform a bilateral oophorectomy — removal of both ovaries. We usually remove lymph nodes near the tumor as well. We often use hormonal therapy, radiation or chemotherapy to reduce the risk of the uterine cancer returning.
In addition to our current leading-edge treatments, we offer you the opportunity to participate in innovative National Cancer Institute- and industry-sponsored clinical research studies. These trials help to improve current cancer treatments, in addition to finding new and promising solutions.
Uterine cancer care for the whole person
- From Corydon, Indiana, to Shelbyville, Kentucky, Norton Cancer Institute has seven outpatient clinic locations and chemotherapy infusion centers. We have three radiation centers in Louisville.
- Five Norton Cancer Institute Resource Centers in Louisville and Southern Indiana offer a variety of support services that address the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of patients and their families. Specially trained oncology nurses are also on hand to provide one-on-one counseling.
- The Norton Cancer Institute Behavioral Oncology Program provides supportive emotional and psychological care for patients diagnosed with uterine cancer and their families.
About Norton Cancer Institute
Norton Cancer Institute is the leading oncology practice in Louisville and Southern Indiana. We offer multidisciplinary oncology care from specialists at the leading edge of cancer treatment.
With seven outpatient locations, three radiation centers, multiple infusion centers across the Louisville area and same-day appointments for new patients, you can start your cancer recovery quickly.
There are many reasons why more people choose Norton Cancer Institute for their care.
- Access to more than 100 specialists, including board-certified and fellowship-trained oncologists
- Specialists from across Norton Healthcare who work together to review your case to ensure the best care for you and those who care for you
- Treatments including surgical, chemotherapy, radiotherapy, immunotherapy and genetic therapies tailored to combat the unique genetic makeup of your cancer.
- Prompt care clinics designed especially for providing symptom relief and other care to Norton Cancer Institute patients
- MyNortonChart. Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescription and more anytime from a computer or mobile device.
- A radiation therapy program that set the standard for precision and excellence in the region
- More than 180 cancer-related clinical trials give you access to the newest therapies.
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story