If you experience problems such as nausea and vomiting with your prep, call our physician at (502) 896-4711.
Do not eat solid food on prep day (the entire day before your procedure).
You will receive specific instructions on how to clean your bowel before your procedure.
In preparation, you’ll need to go on a liquid diet. Here is a list of liquids you can consume in preparation for a colonoscopy:
Foods and drinks you may have:
- Broth – chicken, beef or vegetable
- Jell-O – No red or purple dyes
- Popsicles – No red or purple dyes
- Fruit juices – No orange juice, grapefruit juice or V8
- Coffee without creamer, but you can add Vanilla Boost
- Tea – hot or cold
- Soft drinks – Sprite, Coke, Diet Coke, Mountain Dew; no red or purple dyes
- Gatorade – No red or purple dyes
- Any clear drinks – water, lemonade, etc.
- Boost (up to six cans) chocolate or vanilla only on the day before your procedure only; no Boost Plus.
Do not consume foods or drinks with red or purple dyes, dairy products or acidic juices on the day before or day of your colonoscopy.
Your prep and following a liquid diet is the most important part of the procedure. If prep is not followed properly, you may have to have another colonoscopy.
For details on bowel cleansing with your prescription, please see the Colon Cancer Screening page.
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story