Cardiac rehab with the area’s cardiovascular care leader
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute is the leading provider of cardiovascular care in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Our expertise goes beyond your initial treatment to provide lifelong follow-up care and cardiac rehab.
Our specialists have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from Louisville’s leader.
Our cardiac rehab providers are leaders in developing and applying innovative techniques that can help you recover and resume your life.
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation programs. We provide one-on-one attention every step of the way and work collaboratively with cardiovascular specialists to set measurable, attainable, physician-directed goals.
The American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation certifies our three adult cardiac rehab locations:
- Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center – Audubon, (502) 635-2121
- Norton Cardiovascular Diagnostic Center – Springs, (502) 891-8500
- Norton Cardiovascular Diagnostic Center – Dixie, (502) 891-8551
Advancing cardiac rehab care with evidence
We manage your care based on evidence-based guidelines, and we help you develop short-term and long-term goals.
We design your cardiac rehab plan to help you recover from a heart attack, heart failure, stent or heart surgery. Our cardiac rehabilitation specialists guide you on lifestyle changes for a healthier future. Our cardiac rehab team provides practical and emotional support for you and your entire family as you resume your life.
The cardiac rehabilitation program includes up to 36 monitored exercise sessions held three times per week. During these sessions your heart rate and rhythm, as well as blood pressure, are monitored. The educational component of the program also encourages healthy lifestyle changes by helping you better understand your cardiovascular system.
Benefits of cardiac rehab
- Increased work capacity and cardiovascular fitness
- Improved flexibility and range of motion
- Decreased blood pressure
- Better glucose control
- Improved cholesterol profiles
- Healthy body weight
- Improved circulation
- Reduced stress
- Improved emotional well-being
- Knowledge of heart disease, risk factor modification and exercise
After you finish the formal program, you can participate in our maintenance program for a nominal monthly fee. There you will exercise under our supervision and enjoy the freedom to work at your own pace with others..
We bill Medicare and private insurance for the formal rehabilitation part of the program, but patients are encouraged to contact their provider before making any appointments.
Heart and vascular care for the whole person
We offer classes, events and support groups for patients and families. To register for any activity, call (502) 629-1234.
- Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Resource Center offers education, support and resources for men and women of all ages seeking to improve cardiovascular health, including free classes with topics ranging from tai chi to living a full life with heart failure.
- A-fib Education Workshops : Learn the latest in treatments and medication options, steps to lower your stroke risk, and how you can better live with A-fib.
- Learning to Live Fully with Heart Failure: Open to all heart failure patients. Learn to live a full life and reduce side effects while managing heart failure.
- WomenHeart: Trained heart disease survivors provide recovery plans for women with heart disease.
- Pulmonary and cardiac rehabilitation: Medically supervised exercise program and education for patients struggling with respiratory ailments or recovering from a cardiac event.
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more anytime from a computer or mobile device with a free MyNortonChart account.
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat more cardiovascular patients — about 100,000 every year — than any provider in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Our board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from Louisville’s leader.
- We have more than 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians and 30 advanced practice providers. Through training and years of experience, they specialize in areas such as cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and vascular surgery.
- We offer same-day new patient appointments.
- We have 27 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Telecardiology is offered at more than 30 clinical sites in the region.
- We have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from the largest cardiovascular care provider in the state.
- The American College of Cardiology Accreditation Services certifies Norton Healthcare for chest pain and atrial fibrillation care.
We are seeing record high temperatures in Greater Louisville already this spring. These early hot days mean you can get caught off guard by heat-related illnesses, such as dehydration, heat cramps, heat exhaustion and heat [...]Read Full Story
Under the VA Mission Act of 2018, eligible U.S. veterans now are able to get treatment for minor injuries and illnesses such as colds, sore throats and minor skin infections at urgent care clinics through […]Read Full Story
Karen Allen, R.N., oncology patient navigator for Norton Cancer Institute, sees the patient navigator role as a “bridge across the canyon of uncertainty” for patients who are newly diagnosed with cancer. “I imagine my family […]Read Full Story
You have a thing for bags. The bigger the better, right? Sure, a big, fabulous bag might be able to hold everything you want to carry with you, but all that extra baggage is doing […]Read Full Story