Pulmonary rehabilitation with the area’s cardiovascular care leader
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute is the leading provider of cardiovascular care in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Our expertise goes beyond your initial treatment to provide lifelong follow-up care and pulmonary rehabilitation.
Our specialists have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from Louisville’s leader.
Our pulmonary rehabilitation providers are leaders in developing and applying innovative techniques that can help you
recover and resume your life.
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers comprehensive pulmonary rehabilitation programs. We provide one-on-one
attention every step of the way and work collaboratively with specialists to set measurable, attainable,
The American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation certifies our pulmonary rehabilitation locations:
- Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehabilitation Center – Audubon, (502) 635-2121
- Norton Cardiovascular Diagnostic Center – Springs, (502) 891-8500
Advancing pulmonary rehabilitation care with evidence
We manage your care based on evidence-based guidelines, and we help you develop short-term and long-term goals.
To participate in the program, you need a referral from your doctor. Our team of pulmonary rehabilitation specialists works with your physician to customize a program just for you. You’ll receive one-on-one attention every step of the way, and you’ll play a major role in setting measurable, attainable goals.
The program also teaches you about your pulmonary disease and ways you can modify your lifestyle to slow its progression.
The pulmonary rehabilitation experts at Norton Heart & Vascular Institute will prescribe individual exercises to increase your endurance and make breathing easier.
We provide emotional support as you learn to cope with the challenges of your disease. We’ll also help give you a clear understanding of your medications.
The pulmonary rehabilitation program includes up to 36 monitored sessions held three days per week. This program can help you learn how to increase exercise tolerance to improve your ability to perform daily living activities.
The programs are self-paced and closely monitored by Norton Health Care’s specially trained respiratory therapists and health care professionals. They will help you feel better and in control of your condition as much as possible.
Benefits you might expect from our pulmonary rehabilitation program:
- Improved ability to complete activities
- Better understanding of your specific condition
- Knowledge of pacing yourself and conserving energy
- Less shortness of breath
- Knowledge of good pulmonary hygiene
- Better recognition and avoidance of situations that may cause further lung damage
- Understanding and coping with physical limitations
- Increased confidence in performing everyday activities
- Added support of family members
- Fewer hospitalizations
After you finish the formal program, you can participate in our maintenance program for a monthly fee. Exercise with supervision in our exercise room and enjoy the freedom to work at your own pace. You’ll be rehabilitating alongside others who are learning to cope with similar breathing conditions.
We bill Medicare and private insurance for the formal rehabilitation part of the program, but patients are encouraged to contact their insurer before making any appointments.
Heart and vascular care for the whole person
We offer classes, events and support groups for patients and families. We also want to keep you from getting sick, so we offer a range of vascular screenings. To make an appointment, call (502) 629-1234
- Norton Heart & Vascular Institute offers classes about once a week on topics ranging from tai chi to living a full life with heart failure.
- Circle of Hearts: A free education series from Norton’s Women’s Heart & Vascular Center dedicated to teach women about heart disease.
- Heart support group: After-surgery recovery programs for cardiovascular patients from the Norton Heart and Vascular Institute.
- Vascular support: Services and additional treatments for patients with any type of vascular condition.
- WomenHeart: Trained heart disease survivors providing recovery plans for women with heart disease.
- Norton Heart & Vascular Institute Resource Center: Education, support and resources for men and women of all ages seeking to improve cardiovascular health.
- Communicate with your provider, manage appointments, refill prescriptions and more anytime from a computer or mobile device with a free
About Norton Heart & Vascular Institute
Norton Heart & Vascular Institute specialists treat more cardiovascular patients — about 100,000 every year — than any provider in Louisville and Southern Indiana.
- Our board-certified and fellowship-trained cardiologists, electrophysiologists, cardiothoracic and vascular surgeons have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from Louisville’s leader.
- We have more than 45 board-certified cardiovascular physicians and 30 advanced practice providers. Through training and years of experience, they specialize in areas such as cardiology, interventional cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, electrophysiology, advanced heart failure and vascular surgery.
- We offer same-day new patient appointments.
- We have 27 locations in Louisville and Southern Indiana. Telecardiology is offered at more than 30 clinical sites in the region.
- We have the experience, expertise and easy access you’d expect from the largest cardiovascular care provider in the state.
- The American College of Cardiology Accreditation Services certifies Norton Healthcare for chest pain and atrial fibrillation care.
Disney star Cameron Boyce’s family says a seizure led to his death: What is sudden unexpected death in epilepsy (SUDEP)?
When actor Cameron Boyce, a star of the Disney Channel show “Jessie,” died at age 20, his family said in a statement that his sudden death was due to a seizure during sleep. According to […]Read Full Story
Deanna Polsgrove, practice manager for Norton Infectious Disease Specialists, considers patients to be like family. She cries with them and celebrates with them. So, when a patient gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Deanna […]Read Full Story