Norton Leatherman Spine
Norton Leatherman Spine in Louisville and Southern Indiana offers world-class care from surgeons who are recognized nationally and internationally for their innovation, expertise and skill. Norton Leatherman Spine is one of the premier research and education programs in the United States for spinal surgeons.
Our rich history traces back to Kenton D. Leatherman, M.D., who more than 50 years ago became the first orthopedic surgeon in Kentucky to specialize in spine care. A University of Louisville School of Medicine graduate, he developed leading-edge approaches to treating scoliosis after World War II.
- The board-certified and fellowship-trained specialists at Norton Leatherman Spine are among the most experienced in the country, treating conditions like yours for an average of 20 years.
- We have orthopedic spine surgeons and neurosurgeons providing care from our offices in downtown Louisville and surrounding counties.
- Our physicians pinpoint your diagnosis to come up with the right treatment plan, including surgical and nonsurgical options as appropriate.
- We offer minimally invasive and robotic-assisted procedures that carry less risk and can speed your recovery. Norton Leatherman Spine surgeons are actively involved in the development of next generation minimally invasive technologies.
- The physicians at Norton Leatherman are leaders in their field and train the next generation of specialists. Norton Leatherman Spine’s physicians trained more than 100 of the leading spine surgeons practicing throughout the U.S. today.
- Techniques developed at Norton Leatherman Spine have produced better outcomes for patients with fewer side effects and are routinely performed around the world today.
- Our team performs more than 4,000 surgeries a year, and patients come to our providers more than 30,000 times a year.
Why choose Norton Leatherman Spine
“The Norton Leatherman Spine team has the experience and training to handle the most complex as well as seemingly straightforward spine problems. Our surgeons use years of experience, research and education to know when an operation is, or is not required.
Norton Leatherman Spine has always used a team approach to spine care, believing that a collaborative approach that leads to better care. Now, this team approach has been adopted at major spine centers across the country. Sophisticated expertise is a hallmark of Norton Leatherman Spine and explains why spine patients from around the world travel to Louisville for care.”
The physicians at Norton Leatherman Spine treat the full range of common back and neck conditions. We also treat more complex problems including scoliosis and other spinal deformities in children and adults.
We want you to be well informed about your condition. We provide detailed information and support through all phases of treatment to prepare you for an optimal recovery and return to activities.
Norton Leatherman Spine specialists use advanced diagnostic imaging capabilities and offer patients expertise at six state-of-the-art hospitals and outpatient facilities throughout Louisville and Southern Indiana.
Norton Healthcare’s five hospitals and Norton Cancer Institute have been named LGBTQ Healthcare Equality Leaders by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation for the second year in a row. Norton Healthcare was one of 406 facilities […]Read Full Story
March 2016 was a life-changing time for the Davis family. On March 23, Matt Davis and his wife, Hailey, celebrated the birth of their son, Finley. The next day, Matt learned he had a rare […]Read Full Story
The Louisville Metro Department of Public Health & Wellness announced Monday, Aug. 12, that mosquitoes found in one ZIP code of Jefferson County, Kentucky, are carrying West Nile virus. The affected ZIP code is 40215, […]Read Full Story
There’s a lot of information floating around about food and nutrition and how these contribute to your risk for disease, including cancer. Sorting through the news and research, some of it conflicting, can be confusing […]Read Full Story