Louisville’s leading provider of shoulder care for athletes
Norton Sports Health is Louisville and Southern Indiana’s leading provider of treatment for shoulder injuries, with every type of athlete. Our shoulder specialists pinpoint the source of your shoulder pain with sophisticated imaging and other diagnostic tools. We then offer a personalized treatment and rehabilitation plan.
Innovation in sports health care
Our shoulder specialists are committed to developing leading-edge treatments that get you back to doing what you love to do faster. Ryan Krupp, M.D., medical director of Norton Sports Health, actively participates in clinical trials that provide patients access to new technology. Innovations such as new devices and shoulder implants can help speed up your recovery from surgery.
Our Sports Health Medicine team members have expertise in treating sports-related shoulder and elbow injuries in athletes of all types. Whether your sport is CrossFit, aerial performance or you’re a coach who needs to stay active, you can get back to doing what matters.
Our multidisciplinary team will work with you to develop the right plan. Our treatment plans may include physical therapy or anti-inflammatory treatment. Shoulder injuries and treatments include:
- Bankart repair
- Biceps tendon disorders
- Cartilage repair
- Labral tears
- Rotator cuff repair
- Separated shoulder
- Shoulder replacement
- Shoulder resurfacing
- Shoulder impingement surgery
Get multidisciplinary care when you need it
Through the Norton Sports Health team approach to treatment, patients have access to a variety of care and support. Patients can expect to work with various professionals such as athletic trainers, physical therapists and nutritionists throughout their treatment journey.
Norton Sports Health also offers injury clinics throughout the year. Runners’ Injury Clinics and Saturday Sports Injury Clinics aim to address the needs of runners and the fall sports athlete. Orthopedic specialists, neurologists and athletic trainers are available at these clinics. The clinics provide access to a full range of diagnostic tools.
About Norton Sports Health
No matter what type of athlete you are, Norton Sports Health can provide you with the care you need. We help a wide range of athletes — from high school to professional, from older adults to the weekend warrior — to prevent sports-related injuries or get you back to the activities you enjoy.
- Norton Sports Health specialists are trained and experienced in caring for sports-related injuries and conditions.
- Our team includes orthopedists, neurologists, physiatrists, primary care physicians, professional athletic trainers and physical therapists.
- Our providers work together to provide advanced care for athletes and individuals of all ages.
- We design customized programs that meet your specific needs and help get you back to your active lifestyle.
- Our sports-health specialists serve as medical directors for the Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon/Marathon.